- What is Duranc CVMS?
- Duranc CVMS (Cloud Video Management Solution) is a cloud-based video surveillance solution for any scenario. Video streams from IP cameras are stored and processed in the cloud. It provide access to live streams and video recordings through web browser both in mobile and desktop. It does not require any installation. It is user friendly.
- What do I need to get started?
1.Wired or wireless IP-camera supporting RTSP protocol.
2.Camera should be located in a network with 256 Kbps or faster upload speed to Internet.
3.Setup your camera as per the camera manual.
- How do I know if my camera supports protocol RTSP?
- This information can be found in technical specifications or documentation brochure that comes along with your camera or through camera manufacturer’s website for reference. RTSP stream can be found in internet.
- How to set up my IP-camera?
- Set up your camera as per Quick Start guide included in the box with the camera. Usually the process includes a few simple steps:
1.Connect your IP-camera to your local network with a cable or via Wi-Fi as per camera manual.
2.In web browser type IP-address of your network camera into address field. Web administration interface with your IP-camera settings will appear.
3.Set up public (external) IP address or use Dynamic DNS service.
4.We recommend to set video resolution at 640×480, 25/30 FPS, H.264 compression.
- How do I connect my IP-camera to Duranc CVMS?
- Generally different IP cameras have different RTSP streams for example:
(rtsp://< IP ADDRESS> : ( PORT)/hiQ.sdp etc.). You can run this in VLC player to make sure the rtsp is working fine.
Different makes and models of IP cameras have different RTSP stream paths. Refer your camera manual for RTSP stream path. Add the camera using the RTSP stream path of your camera.
- What if IP camera is stopped suddenly?
- This means that at some point Duranc CVMS was no longer able to connect to the IP address/hostname and port you provided. Try the following:
1.Check the rtsp stream of the camera locally using public IP in VLC player.
2.Check your firewall settings (port forwarding) on your router and make sure it’s not blocking incoming requests to port configured for camera.
3.Make sure that your camera still has the same IP address it had when you set it up. If its IP address changed, set a fixed public (external) IP address or use Dynamic DNS service.
4.Make sure your camera is accessible from the Internet. Run Internet browser on your computer and type IP address or Dynamic DNS-name of your IP-camera into the address field. If everything is OK, web administration interface with your IP-camera settings will appear.
- Can I use the service without public (external) IP on my IP-camera?
- Yes. You need to use DynDNS service and configure account details in your camera as per your instructions provided in camera user manual.
- Can I do an in house deployment of the platform?
- Duranc CVMS does support in house deployment — i.e., non-cloud deployment. This will allow all the video to remain local and under your control. However you can still take advantage of the 100% web based interface, the APIs, the Analysis Engines and the scale out redundant architecture.
- How scalable is the Duranc CVMS?
- The Duranc CVMS has been built using SCALE OUT technology. It is designed to scale to over thousands of cameras. Furthermore it can be scaled with an architecture that allows video from multiple locations at a single point of time.
- What Cameras are compatible with the Duranc CVMS platform?
- The Duranc CVMS is compatible with most of RTSP compliant cameras. There are many suppliers of these cameras. We have had good experience with the cameras from AXIS, Bosch, D-link, Grandstream, Lorex etc.
- What hardware is needed?
- Duranc CVMS does not require any hardware to be purchased separately to add cameras.
- What’s installation like?
- There is no separate installation required, you need to just enable port forwarding in the router at the camera’s premises.
- Do I have to download anything?
- No download needed.
- What kind of Internet bandwidth do I need?
- We recommend 400 kbps per IP camera. However the is flexible and there are many different settings that can be adjusted to make our system work with your upload bandwidth.
- How do I access my video?
- You can access videos and live streaming of your cameras from anywhere using a web browser.
- Do you work with PTZ cameras?
- Yes. But it is for only live monitoring purpose. We cannot operate PTZ functionality through Duranc CVMS.
- Do you work with wireless cameras?
- Yes. But the wireless camera must have a RTSP stream support.
- What if, video stream from my camera is slow/laggy?
- 1.Make sure video settings(send Bandwidth, FPS and Resolution) of that particular camera are set according to the bandwidth available at the cameras location. Recommended settings are Rewsolution: 704×480, Bandwidth: 512 Kbps (Max) and FPS: 10- 15 (Max).
2.Also Ensure that you have enough bandwidth(download) at the viewing location to have smooth video streaming view.